The tortilla wrap that I use for this is made with egg and flaxseed meal, which adds an extra protein punch, as well as fibre and Omega 3s. I like to make a batch of tortillas at the start of the week, then fill one each morning and pop it in the oven for a delicious hot breakfast. You can also wrap one of these burritos in foil and take it to work with you.
Time to make: 15 minutes
For the tortillas:
2 egg whites
4 tsp ground flaxseed
2 tsp coconut oil or ghee
Salmon, avocado and spinach with some herby mayonnaise
OR Chilli con carne with avocado guacamole, tomatoes and spinach
OR Bacon, avocado, chicken and spinach
OR Sausage, avocado, onions and peppers with salsa
1. Preheat the grill to 160𐩑C (320𐩑F).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the tortilla ingredients.
3. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil or ghee in an ovenproof frying pan, then pour in half of the tortilla mixture and evenly distribute it.
4. Use a spatula to loosen the edges of the tortilla from the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until it’s golden brown on the bottom. Carefully slide the spatula under the tortilla and gently loosen it from the bottom of the pan, but don’t flip it!
5. Place the pan under the grill for 3-4 minutes until the tortilla gets a little bubbly. Remove the tortilla from the pan and place on a piece of foil. Repeat the process with the rest of the tortilla mixture.
6. Preheat the oven to 160𐩑C (320𐩑F).
7. Place your chosen fillings down the center of the tortillas and wrap tightly. Place in the oven for 5-8 minutes to set the shape of the tortilla, then serve.