21: If PCOS isn’t curable, how is it reversible?
When it comes to having PCOS, pregnancy complications, lack of periods, and general fertility struggles are big symptoms that a lot of women struggle with. If you listened in on last weeks’ podcast, you would have heard us dive deep into the common pregnancy complications that come with having PCOS. We talked in-depth about the reasoning behind why women with PCOS have a higher risk of having these issues in pregnancy and how you can reduce your risk of these complications.
It’s frustrating as women to feel like our body is working against us and not with us – especially in something as natural as getting pregnant. This week we’re speaking with the lovely Chantelle, who knows all too well how it feels to be stuck in the deep end when it comes to issues with periods, pregnancy and PCOS.
We talk about when she realised something wasn’t right with her periods (or lack thereof), how she got diagnosed, the long road to getting pregnant with PCOS and what happened after having her son!
This episode is for you if:
- You’re looking to conceive now or in the future
- You’re dealing with PCOS and want to know more about how it affects your fertility
- You have issues with your periods – or you aren’t getting them all together!
- ‘Dysfunctional’ is a pretty accurate description of how your body feels currently or has been feeling for a while.
Some things we cover in this episode:
- Ovulation, fertility and how the being on the Pill affects your body
- Insulin resistance (this is common in PCOS sufferers, almost 80% of us deal with it!)
- The body doesn’t work in isolation – linking Chantelle’s symptoms
- Inflammation’s role in the body
- Remembering your ‘WHY’, how Chantelle found joy in the everyday and her tips for accountability
And if you want some help understanding your PCOS root cause and how you can put your symptoms into remission, then come join us in The PCOS Protocol.
We’ll guide you through all of the changes you need to make in order to feel in control of your PCOS and get back to what’s really important to you!
30: Why can’t I lose weight and get pregnant?Browse all podcasts