81: Can your PCOS root cause be different to other women in your family?
After getting diagnosed with PCOS, you don’t really get much help with what to do next. What’s my PCOS root cause? What dietary changes do I need to make? Can I continue to exercise the same way? What about supplements? What about pregnancy? How do I fix these symptoms?
It’s no wonder so many of us wind up down a rabbit warren of trying different diets, exercising like there’s no tomorrow, buying hundreds of dollars worth of supplements and just end up generally exhausted because it seems like we’re just going around in circles and not really getting anywhere with our PCOS.
I know how damn frustrating it can be because I’ve been in that very same spot. I found myself on PCOS forums, facebook groups and hunting through Dr. Google for something that actually worked. However, I don’t think you need me to tell you – that sh*t is exhausting beyond belief!
So in this episode, my lovely colleague Sophia and I are going to chat through more of your questions! In this episode we’re covering off:
- General vitamins and minerals to take for PCOS
- Is it normal for your PCOS to not come back after pregnancy?
- Can you reverse hair loss?
- Is it possible to have a different type of PCOS from my Mum and sister?
- How can you tell if your hair is regrowing?
- Is hiking a good form of exercise for PCOS?
So, if you’ve been dealing with hair loss, are unsure of your root cause, don’t know where to start with supplements for PCOS or just want to make sure you’re on the right track when it comes to improving your PCOS, tune in and listen!
I hope these podcast episodes remind you that you aren’t alone in this journey and similarly, they remind you that you can get on top of these symptoms.
This episode is for you if:
- You aren’t sure which supplements to take
- Your PCOS seems to have disappeared / gotten better after pregnancy
- You’re not sure what your PCOS type is
- You aren’t sure if it’s possible to have a different type of PCOS from my Mum and sister
- You don’t know which exercise is best for PCOS
- You’re struggling with hair loss
- You want to know how to tell when your hair is regrowing after PCOS hair loss
Some things we cover in this episode:
- General vitamins and minerals for PCOS
- Pregnancy and PCOS
- Transitional PCOS
- PCOS types and genetics role in PCOS
- Hair loss in PCOS and how to know when it’s improving