How can I manage my PCOS acne, hirsutism and hair-loss?: Anti-androgens, lifestyle changes and more…
Anti-androgens for PCOS – What are they? Why might we take them? Are they necessary? What are our options?
If you’re experiencing acne, hirsutism, or hair loss as symptoms of your PCOS, listen in for an in-depth analysis and description of your options when it comes to managing these challenging symptoms.
Sometimes, drugs may feel necessary, especially for our mental health when managing these symptoms, and that is perfectly fine. How you manage your PCOS symptoms is your choice. We aim to provide you with the tools and resources you need to make an informed decision so that you feel comfortable discussing and questioning your healthcare professional when seeking help.
In addition to medications, lifestyle changes play a significant role in improving our symptoms, as stated in the 2023 Monash PCOS Guidelines. This is where Ovie comes into play. We can assist you in creating a long-term plan so you can effectively manage these symptoms sustainably for life.
In this episode, we cover:
- What are anti-androgens and why would we need to take them
- The different types of anti-androgens and their effects
- Your other options if you don’t want to take medication
This episode is for you if:
- Your experiencing acne, hirsutism or hair loss as a PCOS symptom
- You want to feel comfortable discussing solutions with your health and medical practitioner about anti-androgens and other options
- You want to know how Ovie could help you in this journey
Interested in learning more about Ovie and yourself? Take our FREE questionnaire here to discover your drivers. When you sign up, you’ll receive your personalised PCOS program tailored specifically for you.
Podcast episode: Hormonal Birth Control & Weight Gain, we finally have the proof!