Trending Now: Debunking The Latest Online Trends
Trends, you can’t avoid them nowadays. They’re often started via social media and can go viral within hours. This week, we are discussing current popular trends such as “Girl Plate Dinner” and “What I Eat in a Day” through a critical lens. We will uncover the positives, such as displaying creativity and forming good habits. However, we also emphasize that they can have adverse effects, setting unrealistic expectations that lead to comparison anxiety, and even promote dangerous habits.
We encourage listeners to approach these trends with a balanced perspective and remind you that what you see on social media is merely a snapshot of someone’s life, often cherry-picked to present an idealized version.
In this episode we cover:
- The latest trends we’ve seen on social media
- The positives and negatives of such trends and how some can be great for inspiration whilst others lead to comparison anxiety
- The psychology of creating long-lasting, sustainable habits over quick fixes
This episode is for you if:
- You’ve experienced being sucked into a trend and felt guilty about your lifestyle
- You want to listen to a balanced debate about the latest trends and how you can positively interpret some and what not to follow
Want to find out what is driving your PCOS? Click here to take the Ovie questionnaire.