109: 5 Pregnancy rules I’m following
If you tuned into The PCOS Nutritionist Podcast last week, you’d have heard me talk about the 5 pregnancy rules I’m breaking — it’s been interesting to see the responses to that episode!
You were probably thinking “okay Clare so what general pregnancy rules ARE you following then?!”. Well, luckily for you, that’s exactly what this podcast episode is about!
There are some key things that I’ve been ensuring I do during this pregnancy to help me feel great and keep me in really good health.
Thankfully I’ve managed to feel pretty decent for my whole pregnancy – no gestational diabetes, virtually no nausea or morning sickness and minimal cravings (although I did have a bout of awful heachaches and a weird texture aversion in my first trimester which meant I ate my body weight and more in celery, carrots and hummus because nothing else really interested me 😂).
So if you want to know about some of the key things I’ve been focusing on doing during my pregnancy and some of those pregnancy rules I am following, pop in your headphones and tune in! I won’t give too much away here 😉
This episode is for you if:
- You’re currently pregnant or trying to conceive
- Trying to understand what to supplement during pregnancy makes you quite stressed and/or confused
- You’re insulin resistant or think you might be
- You want to know some ways that I’m ensuring optimal health during my pregnancy
- Exercising during pregnancy (and knowing what’s okay) is something you find quite confusing
- You want my thoughts on the Covid-19 vaccine in pregnancy
Some things we cover in this episode:
- General nutrition guidelines I agree with in pregnancy
- What I’m doing to best support my PCOS nutritionally during pregnancy
- What supplements I’m taking
- Covid vaccine and pregnancy — my thoughts
- The exercise rules I am following for pregnancy
- What additional things I’m doing to help me prepare for labour/birth
Resources and References:
- My Book: Getting Pregnant with PCOS
- 64: What you need to know about pelvic floor health (and no it’s not just for those that are postpartum) with Caitlin Day (The Vagina Physio)