What if you don’t like vegetables?
Do you hear me bleat on in the podcast about eating vegetables (or even growing my own), and think “all very well for you Clare, but I personally hate vegetables”?
I get it. I was recently speaking to one of our PCOS Protocolers in our weekly group consult and she said to me, “I grew up in mid-west America in the 80s and 90s, vegetables just weren’t a big thing on the menu in my family. Especially where there were so many more convenient and tasty foods. So now, I just find vegetables really tasteless or bitter.” and she is dead right!
Vegetables can be really bitter and/or flavourless, and the textures can also be really off putting, especially if you’ve grown up eating hyper-palatable pop-tarts and packet mac n cheese. No matter where you grew up, if vegetables weren’t on the menu in your childhood, or they were but always cooked terribly, then you’re probably not going to like them much now.
So what do we do about it? That is exactly what this podcast explores.
In this episode we cover:
- Do you really need to eat vegetables?
- How to prepare and cook vegetables so they taste GREAT (or so you can’t taste them at all)
- And more!
This episode is for you if:
- If you don’t like or consume many vegetables
- You want to increase your vegetable intake
- You want to learn some new ways to cook and prepare your veg
- You’ve grown up not eating many (or any!) vegetables
Links to our programs: