97: How I got pregnant with PCOS at 35 (and in the 1st month we started trying)
You can obviously tell by the title of this that, yes, I’m pregnant! I’ve finally let the cat out of the bag.
Like many of you though, I was told when I was diagnosed with PCOS that…
…it’d be virtually impossible for me to conceive naturally…
…that fertility treatment was my only hope of getting pregnant…
…and that I should start trying now if I wanted any chance of getting pregnant…
…not what you want to hear as a fresh uni grad in her mid 20s with no desire of having a baby. And yes, back then if I had started trying, I probably would’ve struggled because my hormones were all over the place. But now that I have my root cause under control, we’ve been lucky to get pregnant on my first ovulation of us trying. Not that I did all this work on my root cause just to get pregnant but being able to conceive relatively easily is a bonus of getting things working optimally.
So today’s episode of The PCOS Nutritionist Podcast is a very special one, where I’ll be sharing my fertility journey, the steps that helped ensure I got pregnant and stayed pregnant, age and pregnancy (because yes, I’m considered a geriatric mother 😂) and how research shows age and ability to conceive may be slightly different in PCOS as well as my advice to you.
I know it’s really hard to understand whether or not something may work for you. You’ve probably been let down many times before when trying to figure out your PCOS or try more holistic approaches to conceiving.
You’ve been to all of the fertility consults, tried all of the products and supplements but it all feels like a scam since you’re still not able to conceive.
That’s why we’re offering free discovery calls to chat through whether we’re a good fit for you, what your barriers are with trying something new and what we can do to help. If you get into the protocol and work through the first 14 days of modules (completing all the coursework and modules) and you don’t get value or feel like you haven’t learned anything new, we’ll promptly refund the money you’ve paid us (minus any transaction fees).
So what do you have to lose? It’s time to figure out your root cause, learn how to make sustainable changes that you can maintain for years (not weeks! there’s no fast fad diets here!) and help get your body in the best position to conceive — whether you go with fertility treatments or not.
To book a free discovery call with one of our team, click here.
This episode is for you if:
- You’re trying to conceive but haven’t had any luck
- You want to know how your root cause affects your ability to conceive
- You’re looking for some actionable tips to help your fertility
- You’ve been told that you’ll never conceive naturally
- You know that you’re ovulating but you still can’t seem to conceive
Some things we cover in this episode:
- The 3 fertile ingredients
- Understanding your cycle
- Progesterone and why it’s so important
- Being 35+ (ie geriatric in the maternity world!) and getting pregnant
- Why people with PCOS have a bigger window of opportunity age wise to conceive
- Getting your nutrients in
- Lifestyle changes to help with conception
Resources and References:
- 8: How to Get Pregnant with PCOS
- 9: Treating the root cause of infertility
- 16: The single biggest factor for getting pregnant – and you’re in control of it
- 44: Your Guide to Birth Control (Part 1): Hormonal Birth Control
- 45: Your Guide to Birth Control (Part 2): Non-Hormonal Birth Control
- 46: Your Guide to Birth Control (Part 3): Permanent Birth Control Procedures
- 68: All about Progesterone: why it may be low, why it’s important and how to improve your levels with Dr. Samina Mitha
- 85: Could your PCOS be affecting your iron levels?
- My Book: Getting Pregnant with PCOS
- Audiobook of Getting Pregnant with PCOS