Overcoming the fear of eating more and gaining weight: The key to sustainable weight loss
“You need to eat more in order to lose weight” – it goes against everything you’ve been told about weight loss, right?
Well, we’re here to tell you that it’s TRUE! If you’ve been living on an extremely restrictive diet for way too long, there are adaptations your body will make to ensure that you survive, including slowing down your metabolism. Therefore, you won’t burn fat because your body is holding onto it for dear life, literally!
We totally get that this can be daunting and scary. We’ve heard it from many of our clients, and we’ve been through it ourselves. But once you give it a try, you’ll understand that nourishing your body with the nutrients it needs equals a happier, better-functioning body.
So, if you want to hear the reason behind why eating more means you can start losing weight, then listen in!
In this episode, we cover:
- The mindset shift you need in order to trust the process
- What happens to your body’s metabolism when you don’t eat enough
- How to eat freely and enjoy food
- How to know if you’re overdoing it with exercise and why that might not work
This episode is for you if:
- You feel like it is impossible to lose weight no matter how little you eat
- You feel mentally exhausted with restrictive diets
- You want to change your relationship with food
Listen to Jaimee’s Story on how she lost 30kg after joining our programme here.
Want to sign up to the Ovie programme to find out how you can do this too? Take the questionnaire today, find your drivers and take control of your PCOS here.