We were wrong about this… With Emma Wylie, our Senior Nutritionist.
Has your Doctor or practitioner told you “you’re not trying hard enough to see results” or have you been drawn into diet trends in the past? Then this episode is the episode for you!
Join me and Emma, our Senior Nutritionist at The PCOS Nutritionist, as we chat about what we were wrong about, how our beliefs about nutrition have evolved since we graduated University, and especially since working with PCOS patients.
We’re going to be open and vulnerable about the things we got wrong, our personal experiences and beliefs, why we got it wrong, and how we are learning and adapting as new research comes out, to really help patients.
We will also talk about cholesterol not causing high cholesterol in the body, the importance of individualised care, the fallacy of ‘calories in, calories out’, why eggs are not the devil, the priority of sleep over exercise, and how we have changed our stances in order to better help our PCOS clients.
This podcast is for you if:
- You want to learn about nutrition.
- You want to find out what we got wrong.
- You are have tried and failed with various diets and health trends.
- You have high cholesterol.
- You want to create a healthy relationship with food.
- You want to work with a PCOS specialist
- Need support with your PCOS journey
Some things we cover in this episode:
- Why people are after a quick fix?
- Creating a healthy relationship with food.
- What we learnt at University vs what we know now.
- How science is evolving, always gaining more knowledge and information.
- Eggs are not the devil
- Cheating on sleep for the gym
- Not everyone with PCOS can do the same thing to see success