The pill is neither good nor bad: Manage your hormones the right way for you
Have you ever been in a situation where your doctor insisted that the pill is the only solution for managing PCOS? Or have you felt hesitant about trying it due to scary stories you’ve heard on social media? It can often feel like you’re stuck between two extremes, but we’re here to let you know that there are other options available.
The truth is, different forms of contraception can have significant benefits for some people, while others may prefer a more natural approach. Whatever path you choose, it’s important to remember that there’s no need to feel ashamed or embarrassed about how you decide to manage your hormones.
In this week’s episode, we’re going to break down the pros and cons of both hormonal and non-hormonal birth control methods, specifically in the context of PCOS. We’ll dive into some real-life cases and share insights on why certain options might work better than others. We want you to feel confident and supported throughout your PCOS journey so you know what is the right option for you.
In this episode we cover:
- What is hormonal birth control?
- The different birth control available: hormonal and non-hormonal options
- The benefits and downfalls of hormonal birth control (PCOS specific and general)
- Risk factors and positives relating to cancer with birth control
- Emergency contraception options
This episode is for you if:
- You’re wondering if you’re birth control is suited to you
- You’re on birth control and want to understand more about how it works
- You have PCOS and weighing up your birth control options
Links to our programs:
117: Everything you need to know about progesterone and PCOS with Dr Samina Mitha￼Browse all podcasts